Ryk

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:37:08 -0500, rhys wrote:

I am glad the Coast Guard was able to provide a reasonable answer that
put the matter to rest. Did you provide a GPS lat/lon or just a
general DR position,

Full precision position data and description of the situation in my
original broadcast, just as they taught me in class. I was rather
surprised and pleased that I managed to get it right. We confirmed on
further exchange that yes, we were about X miles due south of Y by our
reckoning just to be sure I wasn't reading the data points wrong.
(decimal vs DDD:MM:SS?)

because I can see a situation where a boat could
sink within a short distance of a military exercise without
necessarily being seen. Ironic, but they are separate situations that
might be proximate.

I suspect they saw us, even though we weren't showing anything more
than nav lights, and that's why we didn't see them ;-)

Ryk