Marley

Garuda wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...

A brief civics lesson:

The White House proclamation is a policy document which gives the
Secretary of Homeland Security the authority to make and enforce
regulations within certain guidelines.

Armed Coasties can't wave this policy document as they storm the boats
of innocent cigar smokers sailing ominously near to Cuba.

What they DO have to comply with and enforce is this document:
http://www.uscg.mil/d7/d7o/mic/regulations.pdf

It took me 2 minutes on Google to find the actual regulations the CG
has to follow. I am not even going to pretend to interpret them for
you; please read it for yourself.

Civics disclaimer: The Secretary can change these regulations at any
time as long as he does so within the President's proclamation.

Jim

Regardless of content, some will interpret the proclamation as a profound threat
to even those with cigars, charts or cruising guides of Cuba. A certain
canadian with a propensity for waxing political, ad nauseam, coupled with
wishing to be a fly on the wall, hopefully will meet up with a common fly
swatter and thus spare us further BS.

You know Garuda,

ALL I have done is suggest that you READ THE PROCLAMATION carefully. YOU
are the one who keeps insisting it isn't so. And THAT is not my
problem...it's YOURS.

Franklly, your efforts at denial are nothing short of spectacular. Hey,
who am I to argue? If shooting the messenger somehow helps you enforce
your rampant denial, far be it for me to take that away from you.

It would be nice though if you could speak up. Hard to hear you with
your head so far up your ass.

Now feel free to post some useless (and embarassing to you) "response".
I'll take the high road and simply filter your rampant ignorance right
after I hit send. In other words, I won't see it.

Yank your head outa your ass and FLAME AWAY.