Armond Perretta

prodigal1 wrote:
Armond Perretta wrote:
ad hominem snipped

To paraphrase Dr. Lector, if you don't understand the words, it's
best not to enter the conversation at all. But since several of us
are being kind enough to try to explain the words to you, I'll
continue. Your job will be to shut up and learn.

Whether I choose to post under a pseudonym or not is of no concern
to you. What is a "name" on usenet anyway? What is of concern to
you are the _ideas_ being presented by those words. Some of the
words and ideas that have been presented for your edification have
been both difficult for you to comprehend and apparently even more
difficult for you to swallow. You have to set aside all your long
years of propagandization by your political system and that's a
_very_very_ difficult thing for many of you Americans to do. By
the words you post here it seems that people like you, your pal
WaIIy and your cheerleader JR would all like to shove your heads
deeply into......the sand and ignore the fact that the imperialist
politics of the USA are relevant to topics of discussion in
rec.boats.cruising. If I want to sail my boat to Cancun, the
Canary Is. or Cuba, it is none of the business of the US government
whether I choose to do so. What makes your politics relevant to
rec.boats.cruising is that now, behaving like the schoolyard bully
who thinks he can get away with it, the idiot Bush passes
proclamations like the one in question which impinge on my freedom
as a citizen of another country.
So let's summarize.
1. address the ideas 'cause the names don't matter
2. imperialist American politics is relevant to rec.boats.cruising
3. when in doubt, refer back to #2 and #1

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat