Jim Carter

"prodigal1" wrote in message
........................snip....................
If I want to sail my boat to Cancun, the Canary
Is. or Cuba, it is none of the business of the US government whether I
choose to do so. What makes your politics relevant to
rec.boats.cruising is that now, behaving like the schoolyard bully who
thinks he can get away with it, the idiot Bush passes proclamations like
the one in question which impinge on my freedom as a citizen of another
country.

..................snip again...............

I write and have always written under my real name and I also would like to
say that I completely agree with what "prodigal 1" has stated about the
rights of travelers to sail to wherever they want without the intervention
of the US Authorities. If I am sailing from Haiti to Cuba, what right does
the United States have to stop me from doing so? If they stop my boat on
the high seas it, to me, amounts to piracy! It is no wonder that the
Americans are so hated in most parts of the world when their government
issues such ridiculous laws pertaining to Cuba. It was bad enough that the
US Forces attacked Grenada for no reason other than there were Cubans there
who were there by the Grenadian Government invitation and now they would
stop citizens from other countries who want to travel to Cuba.
James D. Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield