prodigal1

Armond Perretta wrote:
ad hominem snipped

To paraphrase Dr. Lector, if you don't understand the words, it's best
not to enter the conversation at all. But since several of us are being
kind enough to try to explain the words to you, I'll continue. Your job
will be to shut up and learn.

Whether I choose to post under a pseudonym or not is of no concern to
you. What is a "name" on usenet anyway? What is of concern to you are
the _ideas_ being presented by those words. Some of the words and ideas
that have been presented for your edification have been both difficult
for you to comprehend and apparently even more difficult for you to
swallow. You have to set aside all your long years of propagandization
by your political system and that's a _very_very_ difficult thing for
many of you Americans to do. By the words you post here it seems that
people like you, your pal WaIIy and your cheerleader JR would all like
to shove your heads deeply into......the sand and ignore the fact that
the imperialist politics of the USA are relevant to topics of discussion
in rec.boats.cruising. If I want to sail my boat to Cancun, the Canary
Is. or Cuba, it is none of the business of the US government whether I
choose to do so. What makes your politics relevant to
rec.boats.cruising is that now, behaving like the schoolyard bully who
thinks he can get away with it, the idiot Bush passes proclamations like
the one in question which impinge on my freedom as a citizen of another
country.

So let's summarize.
1. address the ideas 'cause the names don't matter
2. imperialist American politics is relevant to rec.boats.cruising
3. when in doubt, refer back to #2 and #1