Armond Perretta

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Armond, I hate to say it but yours is a dreamworld interpretation
of the directive. There are a lot of folks who try to find rational
interpretations of for some of the current administration's
policies but then there are folks who swear that Elvis is pumping
gas in Arizona too.

You can try to deny it all you want but the directive is what it is
and says what it says and that is that your boat can be siezed if
the government THINKS you MIGHT sail it into Cuban waters and it is
up to you to prove them wrong.

For a change of pace lets discuss something germane.

A certain writer whose nationality is not known to me suggested that his
_Canadian_ vessel could be seized while in US waters merely for possessing
Cuban charts. I disagree with this and if you yourself don't also, I'll be
somewhat surprised.

I made no comments about my US-flagged vessel and I certainly rendered no
political opinion. In fact, in the several thousand posts I've written to
this group I've never made a political statement (unless making such a claim
is in itself political). Unless you do a stand-up routine as Karnack on the
weekends, I don't see how you can logically assume _anything_ about my
politics. This of course doesn't mean you're not free to do so here in the
good ole USA, but it does seem a bit out of character in your particular
case.

I certainly don't mind being wrong, because there's always something new to
learn. However I _do_ rather mind having my statements misrepresented,
which is precisely the basis upon which the present discussion is built.
But hey, ya know, sometimes things just happen in newsgroups, don't they?.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat