Garuda

"Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
A brief civics lesson:

The White House proclamation is a policy document which gives the
Secretary of Homeland Security the authority to make and enforce
regulations within certain guidelines.

Armed Coasties can't wave this policy document as they storm the boats
of innocent cigar smokers sailing ominously near to Cuba.

What they DO have to comply with and enforce is this document:
http://www.uscg.mil/d7/d7o/mic/regulations.pdf

It took me 2 minutes on Google to find the actual regulations the CG
has to follow. I am not even going to pretend to interpret them for
you; please read it for yourself.

Civics disclaimer: The Secretary can change these regulations at any
time as long as he does so within the President's proclamation.

Jim

Regardless of content, some will interpret the proclamation as a profound threat
to even those with cigars, charts or cruising guides of Cuba. A certain
canadian with a propensity for waxing political, ad nauseam, coupled with
wishing to be a fly on the wall, hopefully will meet up with a common fly
swatter and thus spare us further BS.