Marley

rhys wrote:

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:01:47 -0500, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

Well Armond, you should read the law again. I read it several times and I
have interpreted it to mean that I, a Canadian citizen, and my boat, which
is Canadain registered, will be seized by the US Govermnet Agencies
empowered by this law, if they perceive that I will be travelling in US
waters and my "intent" is to travel from US waters to Cuba.

Yep. If you play Desi Arnaz 78s off Syracuse in a Canadian boat, the
I-68 or whatever the form is called won't protect you if they think
you're contemplating a cigar run. This is why I will not cross the
lake. I do not care to subsidize fanaticism or to risk
state-sanctioned theft because some nautical mall cops thinks I might
be a Commie sympathiser. Well, no, but I do enjoy a Havana Club rum at
the dock on occasion.

So my increasingly lucrative dollars stay here in Soviet Canuckistan
until someone grows a brain and a sense of proportion and respect for
international law.

To me this amounts to Piracy.

Well, any excuse will do with the arrr-yo-ho-ho types.

As the late Bill Hicks noted, the U.S. Feds went in at Waco because
they "had heard of child abuse" (later unsubstantiated). Hicks said
"in that case, why aren't there Abrams tanks flattening half the
Catholic churches in the country?"

Logic doesn't enter into things with governments, particularly
governments that abrogate to themselves extra-territorial powers.

R.

Well said Rhys. Well said indeed.