Dr. Dr. John Smith

Gould,
See comments below:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dr. John John Smith wrote:

Since I am a proponent of
mandatory education, I wondered why the political comment was not
removed by
the person cut and pasting the post.

A non political post would have been more effective in selling the
concept.

**********************

Aren't you among the crowd normally critical of editing cut 'n paste
before posting?

No.

Why do you insist on seeing the remark as a "slam" against Republicans?
Why so defensive?

I do not see it as a slam against Republicans. I said if one wanted to sell
the concept and discuss mandatory boater education (and not politics), it
would have been more effective to remove the political comment, without
altering the message.

Dave Kutz wrote a sentence that made two statements.

1) The opposition to the bill seemed to come from some Republicans
2) The opposing Republicans were not well informed about the provisions
of the bill.

How is that a "political" statement?

If you knew Dave Kutz, (a politically moderate to conservative
individual, btw), you would not even think to question the accuracy of
his observation or opinion.

I am not discussing Dave Kutz politics or yours. I stated the problem with
making rec.boats a off topic political forum is it minimizes the value of a
very legitimate on topic posts. If you had not made your anti republican
sentiments so loudly known in other posts, no one would have ever questioned
the reason for your posts.

I for one, don't think you were trying to slam republicans, you just cut and
pasted a very good email concerning Mandatory Boater Ed. in Washington
State. I also made the observation if you had removed the "republican"
comment, it might have been better received by those who disagree with your
politics.