Pete Verdon

Flemming Torp wrote:
Thank you Pete, for trying to help me out. What I want is to protect my
new (!) notebook (running WinXP) - control it from my PPC (a windows
version with MS Outlook, Navigation and MS ActiveSync) in the cockpit -
and as my notebook application (DLSK) cannot run on the PPC and as the
application cannot be transferred to the PPC, I would like to use my PPC
as a 'viewer'.

Yup, that's exactly the kind of thing VNC is for.

I don't have an internet/TCP/IP on my boat,

All that's needed is a network connection between the laptop and the
PPC. You will need this to control one from the other, whatever system
you use. I'm afraid I can't really help you with that as I know nothing
about PDAs. One way would be to get a wireless network card for the
laptop (under £10 if you shop in the right place) and for the PDA (no
idea how much these cost), assuming neither of them have one already.

Pete