Armond Perretta

Marley wrote:

Armond,

Take the time to go back and read the document as it was written,
as a COMPLETE document. It is VERY clearly written and you truly
are mistaken in your apparently confused understanding of the
proclamation.

A person should be willing to sit at the table he or she has set. Here is
the complete text of a post you made on this subject:. Take particular note
of you second paragraph when you quote directly from the document.

quoted

Marley Mar 8, 1:35 pm
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising
From: Marley
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:35:06 -0500
Subject: goin ta cuber

wrote:
I been 'nvited to a sintifik conference in Havana in late Sept this year.
My boat (a 28' S2) will probably still be in S. Florida then. What y'all
think of sailin there from the Keys? Supposedly, its all OK since its fer
scientifik purposes n all. Even gonna give a talk might be titled
"Entropy Reversal in an Old Sailboat".

Proclamation Restricts Rights of Boats in US Waters

A Proclamation made by US President George W. Bush on February 26, 2004,
authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security to take virtually total
control over any vessel, foreign or domestic, in the territorial waters
of the United States, if the authorities feel that vessel "may be used,
or is susceptible of being used, for voyage into Cuban territorial waters".

Translation: If the "authorities" believe for any reason that you are
THINKING about or are able to visit Cuba, you loose your boat. Yup...the
authorities are now MIND READERS. And once they read your mind they act
accordingly. I would venture to say that ANY boat is "susceptible of
being used to visit Cuba, wouldn't you?

Don't believe it? Here's it is striaght from the horses ass...err...mouth

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040226-11.html

Welcome to 1984 folks.

/quoted

Please compare _your_ quote in the second paragraph, to wit:

"may be used, or is susceptible of being used, for voyage into Cuban
territorial waters".

with the _actual proclamation that you referenced but failed to present in
its entirety:

"may be used, or is susceptible of being used, for voyage into Cuban
territorial waters and that may create unsafe conditions, or result in
unauthorized transactions, and thereby threaten a disturbance of
international relations. "

I leave it to the reader to determine which of us is selectively editing,
sir.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat