Dennis Pogson

Flemming Torp wrote:
Thank you for your input. All I know, is that there is a cable
connection between the socket of my PPC and into a USB port in my
notebook. The program is called Microsoft ActiveSync, and I can
'see' the memory of the PPC from explorer on the notebook, when
the PPC is in the craddle ... And via this connection I can send
data back and forth. F.ex. synchronize Outlook, download maps
from PC to PPC.

Snip

I carried out an experiment last night. Set up my laptop and moved the
wireless mouse away to the far end of the room. I was able to control the
mouse on-screen from 20 feet away. Set up a remote TFT display at this
distance and was able to work the laptop from at least 20 feet away.

Now, if the remote screen could be made portable and

What about setting it up behind a perspex window in the cockpit bulkhead?
Not impossible, and certainly a cheap solution. All modern TFT's are
equipped for wall mounting, which makes it easy to set up.

A 19" TFT costing UK£225 is available, and could be seen from anywhere in
the cockpit provided there was enough space in the bulkhead to mount it.
Only trouble is, these things consume power like there is no tomorrow!

Now, where did I put that jigsaw..................................?

Dennis