Pete Verdon

Dennis Pogson wrote:

It would seem that our friend wishes to control a notebook and it's software
located in the cabin from a PDA located in the cockpit. If I am correct in
this assumption, I would have thought this to be impossible, since the
notebook's functions cannot be replicated in the PDA, can they?

No, they can't. If they could be, he wouldn't need the notebook, would he?

What he can do, and what he wants to do, is merely to view and control
the laptop from the PDA. VNC is almost certainly the answer here - there
will be a server for the laptop whatever operating system it uses. There
may or may not be a viewer for the PDA depending on what kind it is, but
there's a good chance that one will be available. I'm not sure how it
will cope with the difference in screen sizes, but the author of the PDA
VNC viewer will have thought of that and come up with something for
better or worse.

You can stick VNC into google as well as I can if you want a link.

Pete