Marley

Doug Dotson wrote:
"Marley" wrote in message
.. .

Roger Long wrote:

Another option
http://www.springstarter.com/

Hey, that is very, very cool.

BTW it's a used boat. I inspected it personally and tried the crank in
position. One of the first things I'm going to do is try and start it.
I'll let you know how it goes.

If you inboard is hand crank equipped like mine was on a previous boat,
you REALLY don't need to hand crank it when the battery runs down.

I killed my battery at anchor a few times (thank you Espar!).

You should thank yourself. The ESPAR had your permission to run

No problem. As long as you have two people aboard:

Depends upon the engine. Both of my previous Yanmars could be
crank started by one person.

1 person lifts the decompression lever, which makes the engine turn over
fairly easily.

The second person pushes the start switch and once the engine is moving
and the flywheel is doing it's job, just drop the decompression lever and
she'll start like a charm.

What does the start switch have to do with it?

Hand cranking was never required and I killed the battery sufficiently
that the lights were dim. I left the Espar running all night in cold fall
weather.

With the decompression levers engaged, it doesn;t take much to get the
engine spinning enough to start.

Doug

You REALLY need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Seriously!