JR North

Sounds like some PWC idiot got his first boat. Ya shudda got his hull#
and reported him. No R/M for the throttle or shifter , I bet....
JR
Wayne.B wrote:
Here's a new experience, just when you think you've already seen it
all.

Sunday afternoon we were traveling south on Florida's relatively
narrow, west coast Intracoastal Waterway. Traffic was relatively
heavy in both directions and since we were headed south, favored the
western (our right) side of the channel. At one point we noticed a
good sized motor yacht heading north about half a mile away. At first
he appeared to be heading to our side so we prepared to move left and
let him go to our starboard. As we moved left he moved back to the
center and then towards us again. We were closing at a combined speed
over 20 kts and I was preparing to sound the danger signal on the horn
as we moved right once again. At the last minute the oncoming boat
moved back to his right for a conventional port-to-port pass.

As the boat went by, the only person visible anywhere was sitting on
the foredeck, apparently operating a remote control device for the
autopilot. He waved, but we did not reciprocate.

Just when you think you've already seen it all...