Wayne.B

Default rec.boats FAQ (was: why 2 batteries on boat?)

Mark, you're right of course but these so called FAQs have not been
updated in years, are VERY poorly organized, and contain a lot of
misleading or out of date, i.e., "wrong" information. I just spent
about 20 minutes pretending to wear my newbie hat, and tried to find a
reasonable answer to the aforementioned battery switching question.
The answer may be in there but not before my patience ran out.

OK, so much for criticism, here's my vision of what the FAQ should be
for what it's worth: It should be HTML based with appropriate
hyperlinks to related or more detailed information; The table of
contents should be hyperlinked; It should be searchable by keyword;
It should be periodically updated as new or better information becomes
available; There should be a review process to sift out, or properly
annotate, controversial points of view.

Just my 2 cents worth, now we need some volunteers :-)

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:12:11 GMT, "Mark Browne"
wrote:
snip
The answer(s) should certainly be in the FAQ file if we only had one.

snip

We do; see:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/boats-faq/part1/index.html

http://ejo.univ-lyon1.fr/faq/by-news...rec/rec.boats/