BCITORGB

Tink says:
=============
I am not sure what you mean by large diameter. We bend conduit all the
time with bending tools up to 1".
=================

Right, but even to bend 1" pipe, surely you use a "bending device" (my
family would disown me for that... both father and brother are
electricians and I spent a few summers as an electrician's helper, but
am a complete nerd about practical matters... so, I don't recall what
that fulcrum thingy is called). Anyway, I'm guessing that the larger
diameter pipes cannot be bent, readily, without mechanical assistance.
Hence my thought that, if a human can't readily bend it, a 100 pound
kayak is not likely to bend it either (even at 50 pounds times, let's
say, 30 inches). But, as I say, I'm not the electrician, I'm the geek.

Tink says:
My name is a double or triple entendo
(sp)! Given enough time, as a practical engineer, I can usually cobble
something together! Though it is the sort of stuff you might see on the
Red/Green Show.

And you likely thought ALL Canadians were like Red Green, eh? GRIN

Cheers,
Wilf