Marley

Roger Long wrote:
Another option
http://www.springstarter.com/

Hey, that is very, very cool.

BTW it's a used boat. I inspected it personally and tried the crank
in position. One of the first things I'm going to do is try and start
it. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you inboard is hand crank equipped like mine was on a previous boat,
you REALLY don't need to hand crank it when the battery runs down.

I killed my battery at anchor a few times (thank you Espar!).

No problem. As long as you have two people aboard:

1 person lifts the decompression lever, which makes the engine turn over
fairly easily.

The second person pushes the start switch and once the engine is moving
and the flywheel is doing it's job, just drop the decompression lever
and she'll start like a charm.

Hand cranking was never required and I killed the battery sufficiently
that the lights were dim. I left the Espar running all night in cold
fall weather.