Bill Tuthill

In rec.boats.paddle wrote:

- Any suggestions for rivers? Ideally I'd like a class III+ so her
first trip isn't too harrowing but not boring either. Big extra points
for cool canyon scenery and the opportunity to take short hikes from
camp. The Salt's been suggested as a good fit for this (and it sounds
like it's running really nice this year).

The Rio Chama is class II+ and would not be boring. Less desert-like
than the Salt and not as dangerous.

Sounds like you don't have your own boat, but the upper Gila sounds good
although I don't know anybody who has done it.

The Yampa is beautiful although it has a lot of fla****er. The Green
(Gates of Lodore) has more consistent whitewater. Both runs contain
one rapid rated class 4.

- Outfitters/guides?

Sorry, no idea.