No Spam

"Peter" wrote in message

Snip

Yup, those are the things I looked at before putting my weight on the
door. The hinges and attachment points looked like they were made to
handle some serious torque.

Depends on the car. My 21 year old diesel Mercedes - yep! My friend's old
Nissan - Nope! I tore a door just like his off at the scene of an accident
to clear the way to remove the driver (no tools - just pulled up really hard
and then down and a kick or 2. It tore the sheet metal of the door. The
hinge was intact but unattached). You did make me go look at the wife's Jeep
Grand Cherokee. I think I would set a boat on that door, seems plenty strong
enough to hold 40-80 lbs extra.

Ken