Shortwave Sportfishing

Default Went out boating and fishing today

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 19:27:54 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:30:18 +0000, Wayne. wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 19:22:28 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:
If I have a choice of fighting a 20#
bluefish or a 20# striper, just for the sake of the fight, I'd pick the blue
every time.

===============================

You bet. Pound for pound, nothing fights like a ticked off bluefish.

How would they compare to a coho or steelhead?

Can't speak to coho, but similar to steelhead.

As in most fishing, it all depends on the tackle. I've hit "snapper"
blue fish (1 lb +/-) on a light spinning rig and it's a battle. Hit
that same fish on a 11 foot surf rod or off an outrigger on a troll
and it's an annoyance.

I've had bluefish turn and run back at the boat like a striper will
and it turned into a "oh-hum" kind of thing. I specialize in light
tackle fishing (I'm not a charter captain - just a long time hobby) so
almost anything I catch is "fun" in the sense of tug and pull.

It's all about perspective. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"I object to fishing tournaments less for
what they do to fish than what they do to
fishermen." Ted Williams - 1964