Wayne.B

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:32:18 -0500, "Jack Painter"
wrote:

Is this clear what your first steps should be, ie: obtaining an owner's
manual, determining what your radio is capable of, then registering an MMSI
via phone and programming or letting a BOAT-US associate do it for you, then
hooking up your GPS according to the instruction manuals, and operating your
radio in accordance with it's instruction manuals?

It's very clear thanks, but it doesn't really address my concern.

My concern is that there doesn't seem to be anyway to test it and see
if it's actually working as intended. My 40+ years of experience with
things electronic has lead me to believe that nothing should be
assumed to work unless it gets tested periodically.