Bruce in Alaska

In article re4Zd.62623$7z6.38138@lakeread04,
"Jack Painter" wrote:

Allright Bruce, if that is so, then please explain why the FCC requires
specific ship information on the application form (605 main) for an RR
license, and why same instructions include use of the same form for later
modifying ships (or aircraft) information (no fee required for the mod) ?
Sure looks like the "operator" is tied to a specific vessel.. The 605 form
is not a ship's license application form, so what possible reason could
there be for including the vessel data (and requiring it's modification if
changed) on the RR application, if the RR permit was not tied to a
particular vessel?

And why in the supplemental information forms required with 605,, there is
included a temporary restricted radiotelephone operator permit that uses the
vessels documentation number as the callsign? If the vessel changes (sold,
replaced with new boat, etc), do these instructions not specifically require
amending the restricted radiotelephone operators permit? I read that they
do, and it looks plain to me that if you applied for an RR for international
voyages (the only reason for having it on a pleasure/voluntary vessel per
the form itself), then you must maintain current vessel information related
to that RR permit, and file a modification when the vessel changes..

Temporary permit: http://www.fcc.gov/Forms/Form605/605f.pdf

Instructions for Temporary Operator Permit for the
Ship, Aircraft, Restricted Radiotelephone,
Restricted Radiotelephone-Limited Use, and GMRS Radio Services
Do Not Use if Applying for Ship Exemption
DO NOT MAIL THIS SCHEDULE TO THE FCC - KEEP IT FOR YOUR RECORDS
Form FCC 605, Schedule F, is a supplementary schedule for use with the FCC
Quick-Form Application for Authorization in the Ship,
Aircraft, Amateur, Restricted and Commercial Operator, and the General
Mobile Radio Services, FCC 605 Main Form. This schedule is
to be used as a Temporary Operator Permit for the Ship, Aircraft, Restricted
Radiotelephone, Restricted Radiotelephone-Limited Use,
and GMRS Radio Services while your application is being processed by the
FCC. In order for this Temporary Operator Permit to be
valid, you must complete the FCC 605 Main Form and the appropriate
Additional Data Schedule and submit them to the FCC.

Main form-605 for Restricted Operator
http://www.fcc.gov/Forms/Form605/605main.pdf

Best regards,

Jack

You know Jackieboy, if you could actually read, it would save you,
from folks hanging the "Dufus Lable" on you, so often.........

See Gary S's post..... He explains it to you in "Small Words" that you
MAY be able to comprehend.

Yes, I acknowledge that the FCC Form 605 is a monsterious cludge of a
form, and beyond what meer mortals can decphyer, but Jeeeze Louise,
Jack they write the instructions for 6th Graders.......

I get paid lots of money to help folks find their way through the FCC
Licensing System, but not ususally for Resrticted Radiotelephone
Operator Permits. If you really can't make your way thru that filing,
I guess I could actully entertain the idea of doing one for you Pro Bono,
seeing as you are "Intelectually challenged", and since it is a Lifetime
Permit I would only have to do it once.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @