Lonny Bruce

"Scout" wrote in message
CM,

.. Perhaps things are
different in Canada, or in Philadelphia.

Or in the real world.

Enjoy my new sailing web site
http://sail247.com
"Scout" wrote in message
CM,
I don't know what your experience is with unions. But I do know what I've
been through, and my father, and his father. Your points are made
eloquently, but do not mesh with what I know to be truth. Perhaps things
are different in Canada, or in Philadelphia.
Scout

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Scout" wrote in message

Very good. And because they had that day, hired goons no longer show up
and split your head open with a baseball bat for wanting a fair share of
the profits of a company's efforts. Had you seen that, you might be glad
to have a brother close by. These heavy handed "negotiations" made bar
room fights look like a day at the beach.

Not really a viable example Scout... since there are many things in
society that are no longer condoned and that had nothing to do with union
activity.

It's all very well and good to espouse a philosophy that worked in the
day of the agrarian citizen, but the sheer number of people in the
modern workforce demands different rules. Hobbes would have agreed with
me. People are inherently greedy; generally speaking they are pricks.
ASA provides all the evidence one needs to believe that is true.
Government and big business are one and the same, and together they are
still the Leviathan. Mutually beneficial contracts are needed today more
than ever. God bless a nation where a guy like Scotty can make the offer
of "take it or shove it." He can do so only because others have paid
the cost, and continue to pay the price, for that privilege.

Our ancestors have collectively paid the price to have us achieve our
current freedoms and society... this in no way suggests that methods
acceptable even 50 years ago are legitimate today. Your statement on the
general tendencies of people seem to illustrate a rather negative view of
society in general. I do not find the people posting to ASA as pricks at
all.... [Except for Gaynzy who is an annoying little homo].... their
posturing and statements are a fine tool with which to hone my abilities
to defend a position. Considering the anonymity provided by this
medium... it's a wonder the verbal engagements are not far worse. In
effect we self police.

In regards to Scotty's ability to establish his rate of pay... this has
been available for as long as we have existed and is not the result of
union activity. If you provide a service or commodity that is superior to
others in the same field.... you have the right to charge what the
consumer will bear.

CM