drn

Default Eastbay 43

Gould 0738 wrote:
"Well, here goes," he said, sticking a toe cautiously into the pool.

Here's some observations on the GB Eastbay 43.
Tell ya right now, I won't respond to flamers.

Grand Banks 43 Eastbay SX

Applauds, great article Mr. Gould.

It seems you know alot about boats, have you ever heard a Mickelsen? The
only reason I ask is I was in Costa Rica recently and went on a charter
on a 64 foot Mickelson, I think the captain said it was made in 2000.

When I saw the boat and stepped on it I said to myself, WOW this is by
far the nicest sportfish I've ever been on. This boat had every amenity
as far as electronics and creature comforts, you name it this boat had it.

But it was a real DOG in ocean, 3 to 4 foot seas and this boat was
struggling to get up to 17 knots. We had a following sea on the way back
and it just tossed the ass end of the boat around horribly, not that it
was unsafe, just seemed to be better suited as a "trawler" boat then a
real ocean sportfish boat. I think it had prop pockets, made odd noises
while we we trolling.

Not in the market for that kind of boat, just wondering if you have ever
heard the boat and if have any opinion on it.

Thanks

Dan