katysails

Well, you're wrong again...I'm not interested in doing all the Google
searches for the studies, but they're there...assertiveness can be taught
and used effectively, without aggression....you probably just don't
recognize it because the testosterone stands in the way...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Assertive behaviour is motivated by aggressive stance. If you stand your
ground... you are asserting your place... the very act of that is
aggressive. The meek can never be taught assertiveness.... I don't care
how many classes you give them.... they will fold like superman on laundry
day in the face of someone with a true assertive/aggressive personality.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
You're wrong....there are people that specialize in training the meek to
be assertive...these people have not got an aggressive bone in their
bodies and get walked over....with assertiveness training, they are able
to start fending for themselves...has nothing to do with aggression and
everything to do with survival....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Again you fail to grasp the basic fact that without an aggressive
attitude... you cannot be assertive. Assertiveness is merely a symptom
of an aggressive nature, as is being competitive. Aggression does not
have to involve physical violence. I believe you are unable to
comprehend this because as a female you are guided by emotion as opposed
to logic.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Assertiveness works well in the competitive field of business whereas
aggressiveness will usually land you on the unemployment
lines...aggressive people generally rise fast in their professions and
then tank out early whereas the consistently assertive attain their
goals in a non-threatening manner and hold their positions or continue
to rise....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I believe it is indeed that you do not comprehend.... or make erroneous
assumptions regarding male aggression. In the average male...
aggressiveness is controlled. To submit that a competitive nature is
not required in a modern society is illogical. Even the few women in a
position of power show an extremely heightened sense of aggressiveness
and a competitive nature. Enlightenment has nothing to do with it.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
It's not that we don't comprehend..it's that we reject that as
anything other than what it is....uncontrolled testosterone...it
worked for cavemen because that's the physical reality they lived in
but the idea of man (gender, not species) as hunter/gatherer in an
enlightened society is an anachronism...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
NO! Kitty.... You are confusing aggressiveness and
assertiveness.... which is understandable. I will repeat myself
despite the fact I know you are not capable of understanding the
logic..... You cannot be assertive without being aggressive.

Let's take the scenario you utilized.... you assume that
aggression requires physical intervention. It does not! Aggression
between males has a multi-tiered level.... none of which can be
comprehended by females. The level of aggressive behaviour is
dependant on the situation. This is comprehended by even the
youngest of our gender.

CM

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
An assertive person makes their point by showing you the hole in
the ground; an aggressive person puts you in the hole in the
ground.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
You require aggressiveness to be assertive.... the very act of
asserting yourself, places others as either your equal or your
subordinate.... despite what they may have perceived. This
situation is not attained by passive compliance, nor neutral
indifference.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
I am assertive....not aggressive....

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Aggression need not be physical....

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
I am not a physically aggressive person....except for the boots,
chains, spurs, etc....but that's not the same thing...

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
You may indeed suggest it...... but I'd sooner you take your
own advise.

CM

"katysails" wrote in message
Well, may I suggest you rise above your base animal instinct
and start using the tools that were given you to negotiate
and walk away from aggression?