Doug Kanter

Default Taki Tooo disaster - Garibaldi, Oregon

"-v-" wrote in message
.. .

"gatt" wrote in message

"-v-" wrote in message news:%YDVa.1110

If you want to wear one, wear one.
No one is stopping you.
I will decide for myself, thanks.

Pretty selfish if you ask me.

Most people have relatives and other loved ones who suffer deeply when
somebody dies, especially a sudden and utterly avoidable death.

'Course if it's all about you and you don't give a damn about your

family,
YMMV.

Nothing selfish about it.
Its called personal responsibility.

Frankly, I agree. My 14 yr old son dons a vest more often than I tell him
to, based on his intuition about the water on any given day. The more
boating accident news stories I show him, the more he uses the vest. It's up
to each person to be safe. But, having said that, it should be obvious that
if the captain gives an order, it should be followed.