Bruce Gordon

In article 1cHYd.62360$7z6.6536@lakeread04,
"Jack Painter" wrote:

I know that Bruce. I mentioned the "vessel" because it is for the owner of A
VESSEL, and cannot be transferred or used when the licensee goes to another
vessel. So it is "for life" only if it remains ON THAT VESSEL. Please grow
up or go back to your barstool.

Wrong again Jackie..... the Resricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit is
a PERSONAL Operators License and does NOT go with any Radio Station
License, one may, or may not have issued to a vessel or aircraft they
may own. It is also REQUIRED to be in the possession of any Pilot who
makes an International Flight, or who flys outside US airspace and under
a Non-US Flight Control Center. It is NOT tied to any vessel or
aircraft, and is a Lifetime Permit, for that reason. You may change
vessels or aircraft and Station Licenses for them, but you NEVER need to
change your Resricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit.

Here you go mixing up licenses again, forgetting the title and topic of
this newsgroup is RECREATIONAL boating. Only a Restricted Operators
permit is required for a recreational boater who wants to visit a
foreign port. His boat can remain "covered by the rule" which means no
station license for VHF-only, and the ROP covers his carriage of the
radio, whether he uses it OR NOT, in a foreign port.

Jackie, you need a bit of a refresher in your International Radio Law,
son..
If a US Flagged vessel is fitted with a VHF radio, and Licensed under
the Blanket License Rule, and leaves US Waters and enters a foreign
port, it is as if he had NO Authorization for the fitted Radio. Said
radio would not be covered under International Law to transmit under any
circiumstance, baring a Distress Transmission. It doesn't matter if it
is a "recreational boater" or not. I am not "mixing up" anything, just
presenting the FACTS of International Maritime Radio Law, which you seem
to not be able to grasp. A Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit
is NOT a Station License, and confers no Authority to Fit, or imply
Legality of Carriage, that requires a Station License. Station and
Operator Licenses are two DIFFERENT things. How hard can this be to
graps?

That's called being "covered by the rule" and does not permit a vessel
to dock in a foreign port, which is why it's another of your useless
comments that serves only the interests of your strange ego.

This has absolutly nothing to do with "dock in a foreign port" in anyway.
A US Flagged vessel may certainly "dock in a foreign port" with a fitted
VHF Radio that would be Licensed in US waters under the Blanket License
Rule, the Operator just could not legally make any Transmissions from
inside the waters of another country, or communicate with any station,
once he entered the waters of another country. Why is this so hard for
you to grasp? Actually, in some countries, it is a CRIME to have a
Radiotelephone fitted, and no Internationally Recognized License for
such a Radio, and they maybe impounded by the Government, whos water
your in.

The Rules have not changed, since the last time I reveiwed the IMO Annual
Meeting Minutes. I was never a "field-rep", in fact I was Field Agant
dually sworn, with the same Oath that you took, upon entering the USCG,
no claim, just FACT. I still have my Badge, and cancelled Credentials,
as do all Retired and RIF'd Field Agants.

Bruce in alaska

--
Bruce (semiretired powderman & exFCC Field Inspector for Southeastern Alaska)
add a 2 before @