Everett

"Marc" wrote in message
I'm involved in a project to replace the teak aft deck on a trawler.
Is there a method of construction that DOES NOT require penetrating
the substrate with screws.

Assuming the strucgture is OK, an easy and very effective method is applying
something like DURABAK http://www.nonslipcoating.com/ right over the
existing teak. It can be a DIY application without too much problem and is
extremely durable with minimal ongoing maintenance. Now available in
various colors.

I haven't personally used this product as I wound up with a GB Woodie where
the prior owner had redone the decks with fiberglass (avery nice but I
wouldn't have wanted to pay for it). I've seen the results and read various
user experiences. If I still had teak decks, this is definately the way I
would go.

Luck,
Everett