Shortwave Sportfishing

Default Went out boating and fishing today

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:42:50 -0800, "Lloyd Sumpter"
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 11:46:52 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

What were you fishing for?

The upper Thames River (past New London CT) has been producing an incredible
number of over-winter stripers and while I haven't gone, the winter flounder
fishing as been spectacular.

What the hell is a "striper" anyway? I hear about them all the time on this
NG - never heard of them (we fish for halibut, salmon, steelhead, trout, etc.
here)

They are a sal****er bass which spawns in marshy areas. The fresh
water stripers in the fresh water lakes out west are hybrids I
believe. Although you will find stripers in rivers where the salt and
fresh water mix.

Fun to catch - terrific eatin'...

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"I object to fishing tournaments less for
what they do to fish than what they do to
fishermen." Ted Williams - 1964