Calif Bill

Default Went out boating and fishing today

Actually they fight well on the west coast. But I see so many people that
fish with way too heavy of gear. A 10# fish does not require 30# test line
and a heavy rod.
Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 11:46:52 +0000, Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

What were you fishing for?

The upper Thames River (past New London CT) has been producing an

incredible
number of over-winter stripers and while I haven't gone, the winter

flounder
fishing as been spectacular.

What the hell is a "striper" anyway? I hear about them all the time

on this
NG - never heard of them (we fish for halibut, salmon, steelhead, trout,

etc.
here)

Lloyd

Striped bass. A fresh and salt water species. Sometimes large, but not
much of a fighter.

--
Email sent to is never read.