Don White

Default New Engine for Far Cove - it's Official!

That's a fair amount of change.
Wonder what Karen would have charged you for one of her 'customized' diesel
outboards?

Lloyd Sumpter wrote in message
Hi,

Thought I'd contribute to the on-topic stuff here...

Last night, put down a cheque for $4500CDN as deposit on a Shiny New
Universal M25XPB and matching Campbell Sailor 14x10 prop (dealer suggested

14x9,
but others varied from 14x10 to 14x12 to 15x11 - I'm guessing he doesn't

want me
to load down the new engine).

On Thursday, I pulled the old engine (it was a Good Engine...sniff!)

and it's
now sitting on the galley sole on 2x8's. I'm cutting the tops off the

engine
stringers to check for rot - only found a bit at the holes so far.

Also looks like I'm in for a new exhaust system. The dealer didn't like

the
way Catalina did it, and after he showed me the Universal Way, I'm tempted

agree with him. For instance, there's no anti-siphon loop in the raw-water

hose
in the Catalina installation.

So now...we wait (and mess with the stringers and exhaust...). New

engine
will arrive in about 3-4 weeks. Total cost including new prop and 14.5%

taxes,
less $1500 for the old engine: $8851.63CDN (for Harry: that's about $7K

US)

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - currently engine-less