Don White

Default Number of Adults Holding Jobs DROPS...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
snip...
What employers really want in many cases by hiring immigrants is to hold
down wage costs, experts say.

I'm convinced that's the exact reason for high immigration in this country.
When supply of workers outstrips demand, wages are held low. It's
especially idiotic here. A very large percentage of young Nova Scotians
leave the province for more prosperous areas in Canada because employment
prospects are bleak. The provincial gov't is running around like Chicken
Little, stating we need an influx of immigrants so we can keep our standard
of living. It's all a numbers game, as a lot of federal funding is
calculated on population. Our percentage of the countries citizens
continues to drop...so hand out revenues drop.
Trouble is...we have few jobs to offer the new arrivals. We really need
people who will come in and set up manufacturing...employing locals and new
arrivals.