bearsbuddy

Default Old Town "Camper"

I have an Old Town "Camper" that is deteriorating even as I type. The
gunnels and braces are constructed of ash and mahogany. I don't know the
proper name for the wooden wedge shaped pieces at the bow and stern, but
they are also mahogany. The seats are made of ash and wicker. My question
is, what is the best preservative to bring the wood back into shape. The
woods aren't dry rotted or anything, but the canoe has been stored in my
garage for the past 4 or five years, thus the wicker has rotted and the wood
is in need of something I'm sure.

How difficult is it to re-wicker the seats? Could I do it myself without
having to take any classes?

Mark