Jack Painter

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:14:04 -0500, "Jack Painter"
wrote:

A Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit is for a PERSON
not a vessel. It is an "OPERATORs" and a vessel can't be
an operator.

I know that Bruce. I mentioned the "vessel" because it is for the owner

of A
VESSEL, and cannot be transferred or used when the licensee goes to

another
vessel. So it is "for life" only if it remains ON THAT VESSEL. Please

grow
up or go back to your barstool.

//
Jack Painter
Virginia Beach, Virginia

I don't think that's right Jack.
An operators license follows the operator.

Brian W

You're Right. On the FCC website;

If you have a RESTRICTED RADIOTELEPHONE OPERATOR PERMIT, you should retain
it for future use since it is authorized for your lifetime.

It's the station license, applies to equipment on specific boat.

It is only when applying for that license, as I explained earlier before
Bruce's tirade, can a boater obtain an FCC-issued MMSI, which registers his
MMSI internationally. BOAT-US continues to fulfill the MMSI requirements of
all domestic-only voyagers. Their volunteer-provided database, while useable
by the USCG, is unfortunately not compatible with either the FCC's or ITU's.
So much for no good deed going unpunished.

Jack