Tinkerntom

riverman wrote:
"Charles d'Autremont" wrote in message
news
New 16 foot folding canoe (used once for 1 hour). Portage yolk.

Knee
pads.

These boats were formerly sold under the Mad River brand name.

To see boat go to www.pakboats.com

$200 off new price of $1695 and I'll throw in the kneepads for

free.

Portage yoke is $55.

Boat is in Tucson, Arizona at the moment.

I'll split the shipping.

Charles; I might be interested. I'm out of the US, but do some

online
research and find out what shipping to Bath, Maine costs, post it

here, and
I'll get back to you.

--riverman

PS: although its only been used for an hour, I would want to see some

detailed pics, if thats okay.

riverman, they have been talking about this 18 lbs, hard shell folder
on bagboaters, you might want to check it our,

http://www.foldlite.com/info.html

They sell for $795 if I remember right.

Some there have been less than excited about the pakboat for anything
serious. The frame is a little to light, and subject to difficulties in
high seas, like demonstrating its ability to self fold. Not good!

I don't know if they have any reports out yet on this foldlite though,
but may be good to check out. TnT