John H

Default offshore fishing

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:29:11 -0600, adectus
wrote:

Im thinking about buying a 22 foot proline sport. I will be using
the boat mostly for offshore fishing. Does anyone have experience
with these boats on the open water.

I have a 21'er, a 97, which I believe is about the same hull as the
newer 22'ers. I do all my fishing in Chesapeake Bay, and have had it
in some pretty rough stuff there. However, I didn't say I was
comfortable in it. When the chop hits 3ft, the ride is very rough. You
certainly can't plane with chop that high. One to two footers are
fine. Two footers plus are kinda rough, fishable though. Three footers
are fishable, but don't plan on getting home quickly.

Of course, the Bay is not offshore, so the situation may be much
different.

I love the boat though.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD