renewontime dot com

Mark wrote:
Any recommendations for a low cost, mounted, basic VHF radio? The display
has given out on my old radio. I am considering the Uniden Solara and would
appreciate comments on this model or suggestions for others.

Hi Mark,

DSC VHF is the way to go, and will become your only option in the not
too distant future, but keep in mind you'll need to install and
interface it with a GPS in order for it to work properly. You'll also
have to register it so you can set up your MMSI.

If cruising and bluewater sailing aren't in your plans, maybe just a
good, waterproof hand held VHF is all you'll need. Icom, Standard and
Horizon are good names, but there are others equally good.

--

Renewontime