Wout B

"Gert Been" wrote in message

Hi,
Talking about "decent" multiplexers, all our NMEA multiplexers have
"automatic GPS back-up switching" (plus many other NMEA sentence
management
features). Read about it he
http://brookhouseonline.com/gps_backup_switching.htm . I have been
playing with the idea to add a buzzer to warn the user when it switches

the backup GPS. As the "no GPS data" detection is already present, this
is
very simple to do. If there is sufficient interest, we'll include it as

standard feature. If you want it NOW, we'll add a buzzer to the present
model for a small charge if you decide to buy one.
Wout

Ehh, talking about "Decent" multiplexers: decent multiplexers have

isolated
inputs, yours don't.

I just connected one of yours to a differential NMEA talker output. I can
now hear all NMEA data on my SSB!!

While trying to find out what's wrong, I found that all inputs on your
multiplexer have the B terminals connected to ground!!! NMEA inputs are
supposed to be isolated. Your grounded B terminals on the inputs

effectively
short-circuit any properly designed talker. Was it that hard to add 50

cents
worth of optocouplers?

Gert

Our new multiplexers have opto-isolated inputs and are compliant with CE
emission requirements. Strange that I first hear from you via this
newsgroup. Would you not have contacted us with your complaint if you had
not come across this newsgroup thread? You say you have just installed one
of our multiplexers. I have checked our records, but we don't have you
listed as a recent direct customer.
If you have any kind of problem with a multiplexer, we'll be happy to assist
if you contact us via the normal channel. Your problem can be easily
resolved. All you need to do is send us an email and let us know where and
when you bought your multiplexer.
Wout