mgg

There's nothing as aggravating & unnecessary as an extremely loud boat
running through a previously nice quiet anchorage.

I feel the same about Harley's anywhere near my neighborhood....

--Mike

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Gary wrote:
Ok, I've mostly been ignoring this newsgroup for a while. But in the last
couple day's
I've started or participated in a few off topic threads. To to adjust my
rec.boats karma
I'll try to start a few boating threads.

Cool

Our Chris Craft, which we finally got restored and running last summer,
is a bit loud. It doesn't bother me much but it seems most of our
"guests" don't find it annoying. I'm trying to decide whether to put in a
muffler or not. In the Yes column is the noise reduction. In the No
column is the pain & expense -- but mostly that we loose the "authentic"
and "ogirinal" feel. ~ We tried to restore her keeping things pretty
close to original - but we weren't a slave to that. And I really don't
care about winning any boat-shows.

So, what would you do / what do you think?

I can understand & agree with the urge to keep the boat original.

Remember that when the boat was new, the waterways were a lot less
crowded. IMHO it would a be considerate gesture to put on an effective
muffler. If there's a performance hit, put on a gate.

There's nothing as aggravating & unnecessary as an extremely loud boat
running through a previously nice quiet anchorage.

Fair Skies
Doug King