Rosalie B.

Pete Verdon d wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:

I have never quite understood sleeping with my feet at the pointy end.
The first time I ever slept aboard a boat it was a charter, and we
were in the V-berth. I looked at it and instantly decided to sleep
with my head at the pointy end, and moved the pillows to that end.

Probably depends on the boat. Many of them are narrow enough that two
people's shoulders wouldn't physically fit, let alone be comfortable.

I usually sleep with my feet even with his, and since I'm shorter,
that means that my shoulders are at a different level than his.

I've been in regular beds less than (3/4) where both of us could not
have our shoulders flat at the same time, and the beds were the same
length all the way down (on a narrowboat). Was not a problem. We
also had a somewhat narrow double in London. The only real problem in
each place was that one side of the bed was against a wall.

Mostly we don't sleep on our backs or on our stomachs, but spoon
fashion. And when he turns over, I turn over too. It might be more
of a problem if we were taller, but neither of us is over 6 feet.

Personally I think this is what comes of giving kids double or queen
beds to sleep in by themselves - they get used to more space and then
a regular sleeping space is too small.

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156