Darryl Johnson

BCITORGB wrote in news:1110337727.832888.70210
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Alex says:
==============
In warm climates Killer Cotton is the best thing in the world.

Here in
eastern Canada, in the Labrador current it is not something I would
wear on the ocean ( ever ) .
===================

Since thinking about going out on the water and having read about
cotton being bad, I've had to reevaluate my wardrobe: it seems that
cotton is just about all I own.

I suppose I'll have to look at poly or fleece type options. For the
summer months around here (Vancouver and the Gulf Islands) I'm

guessing
that all my cotton stuff will do, as the temperatures -- air and

water
-- seem to be relatively warm (from June to October, I think, but

I'll
ask around).

Thanks for the tip re cotton under the wet suit - it stands to

reason
that without the evaporation, the chilling factor doesn't occur.

Maybe
I won't have to go the Speedo route after all.

Cheers,
Wilf

MEC sells "quick-dry" boxer shorts and briefs, as well as other
clothing. I use the boxers under everything. They're sized to fit
snugly, like the tight shorts that bicyclers wear. They look so much
like those biker shorts that I can change in the middle of a crowded
parking lot and not get a second glance fomr anyone. Well, maybe a
few young kids saying: "Who's the fat old guiy over there, and what's
he doing?"

--
Darryl