bomar

Default Screws line up nicely?

We do the screw line up thing all the time on firearms.
It's pretty easy to do, really.
The screws all have extra high heads on them for fitting .
We install the screws, scribe an index mark on them to orient the same way,
then remove screws.
Cut off the protruding high head and file new slot using index mark to
guide.
Reinstall screws and VOILA...they all line up, properly torqued.

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
While this may lead one to assume, and may be rightfully so, that the
builder was very intent on doing a good job on the vessel, from a
structural point of view, I wonder how you would keep the tourqe even
across a part unless you had a perfectly aligned start to each screw,
in material that was more consistant than wood. My first gut tells me
that this could lead to uneven warping or other problems. Granted,
this may be in a part of the boat where it would not happen, and the
builder noted obviously has a lot more experience than I, but I have
been working with the wood long and it just makes me say hummmmm. Of
course Chuck could end my concern with a full report on the boat!
Scotty from SmallBoats.com