Ron Hunter

junktin wrote:
Interesting to hear that you have had good success in exactly the
conditions I would be shooting in. (I assume your successes are in
bright light to allow fast shutter speeds.) Thanks.

Jere Lull wrote:

In article TeASd.24583$NN.20453@edtnps89, junktin
wrote:

Does anyone have practical experience using a consumer grade digital
camera with high zoom and Image Stabilization on a sailboat (taking
shots of distant scenery or other boats)?

In my experience, stabilization is not required. I have the Olympus
C-700, 10x optical, and shoot at full zoom regularly as we sail along.
Shake isn't a problem. More often, my trouble is getting things framed
right as we bounce along.

In rough water, even IS might not be enough, but it will give you couple
of f-stops more light latitude.

--
Ron Hunter