junktin

Doug,

Thanks for the link to this interesting photo. What make/model was the
camera?

Dave

DSK wrote:
junktin wrote:

Does anyone have practical experience using a consumer grade digital
camera with high zoom and Image Stabilization on a sailboat (taking
shots of distant scenery or other boats)?

Jere Lull wrote:

In my experience, stabilization is not required. I have the Olympus
C-700, 10x optical, and shoot at full zoom regularly as we sail along.
Shake isn't a problem. More often, my trouble is getting things framed
right as we bounce along.

You must be a lot better at it than we are. I find image stabilization
helpful... not miraculous, as some people seem to expect, but it helps.

This pic was taken with a relatively inexpensive ($450 all up) 3.2
megapixel digital camera with 12X zoom and optical image stabilization,
range is a little over 1/4 mile
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...31774987MikhhQ

Fresh Breezes- Doug King