Rosalie B.

"Duncan Heenan" wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
roups.com...
Gavin Collinson wrote:

"If you take any training, you will realise that the
sea is a very unforgiving environment. "

I think you could argue the exact opposite. It's soft and no dangerous
in itself. You can make all sorts of mistakes in a yacht or powerboat
that would be fatal in a car or motorcycle.

Or an airplane, even though air is not very hard in and of itself.
Although water isn't that soft when you come into it from any height,
and if you don't keep on top of it, it's pretty dangerous to your
health unless you are a shark or fish.

In any case, almost all the problems come with the interface with land
from any type of vehicle or anything that moves a person around
including their own feet. Arguing relative hazardousness isn't very
productive unless it results in avoiding the hazards.

Short of being tucked up in bed I think the sea is about the safest
place you can be!

I think you might find the sea a bit colder than your bed at the moment,
even if softer.
Survival time immersed?

An occupational physician told me about the 50-50-50 rule. 50% of
people survive 50 minutes in water that is 50 degrees (F).

grandma Rosalie