riverman

"BCITORGB" wrote in message
oups.com...
riverman:
==============
I used to wear speedos, back when I lived in cold climes.
===================

I guess I'm in "cold" climes (Pacific Northwest), so I'll give the
speedos a try (although I've tended to avoid the very brief "eastern
european at the beach" fashion statement -- which is`exactly the
comment I know I'll get from my wife and daughters... "eeeeewwwwwww!")

So far, everything I've read about attire indicates that cotton is out.
Thus, I'll assume, not cotton briefs.

So, while we're on the topic, if not cotton T-shirts, what would you
recommend as a top?

If all goes according to plan, we hit the salt chuck this weekend for
our shake-down cruise.

I never wore anything on top. The purpose of the speedos, as I said, really
is to avoid 'dirtying' the wetsuit. However, as your body heat is an
essential element in the function of the suit, then go topless underneath
and on your legs.

However, if you want to keep the suit free from body hair, sweat, dead skin,
etc. then wear some lightweight polypro top underneath. Nonetheless, you
still have to wash the suit about once every 5-10 wearings, or else it gets
stinky. I used to just put mine in a bathtub full of hot water and a touch
of mild handwash detergent and walk on it for a bit. Using an antiperspirant
before you put it on will save the underarm area from getting too ripe too
quickly.

--riverman