Gary S.

On 8 Mar 2005 12:43:13 -0800, "BCITORGB"
wrote:

After purchasing a kayak, I found that part of the culture appears to
be a ritual pilgrimage to buy a membership in the Mountain Equipment
Coop (in Canada). This I dutifully attended to yesterday afternoon.
After completing the form, I strolled around my local outlet.

I marvelled at all the cool toys and was impressed by the quality and
price of the Farmer Johns. It then struck me: I hadn't a clue, should I
ever buy one, what one wears under them. Are they like the Scotsman's
kilt?

Any help in this regard or anything else I ought to know about these
things would be welcome.

While I have no plans to invade the privacy of any kilted Scotsman, I
can address the other.

Going commando underneath a wetsuit is not a great idea.

Many will wear a swimsuit, leaning towards a thin nylon or Lycra. In
some conditions, wearing lightweight polypro might make sense.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA