riverman

"BCITORGB" wrote in message
oups.com...
This will surely seem like a total newbie question. (Is there a rbpt
FAQ?)

After purchasing a kayak, I found that part of the culture appears to
be a ritual pilgrimage to buy a membership in the Mountain Equipment
Coop (in Canada). This I dutifully attended to yesterday afternoon.
After completing the form, I strolled around my local outlet.

I marvelled at all the cool toys and was impressed by the quality and
price of the Farmer Johns. It then struck me: I hadn't a clue, should I
ever buy one, what one wears under them. Are they like the Scotsman's
kilt?

Any help in this regard or anything else I ought to know about these
things would be welcome.

Cheers,
Wilf

Silk boxers are nice, but they tend to bind up when you put on the farmer
johns. I used to wear speedos, back when I lived in cold climes. Nothing on
the top half. Unless you are prone to loaning your wetsuit out (not a
hygenic idea), the reason for wearing something underneath is to avoid skid
marks when you postage stamp yourself against the big rock in the middle of
the plume on some class 5 river that your buddies promised was only a class
3 at this level.

--riverman