engsol

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:54:56 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore" wrote:

Almost all GPSs have anchor watch alarms and radars have range alarms but
they all put out a whimpy little beep. Is there a device that monitors the
NMEA data streams (from say a multiplexer) and make a noise that will get
your attention when it sees an alarm or MOB statement??

As Meindert points out, it'd be pretty simple with a microcontroller.
The most complicated part would be the user interface to set
what to alarm on, and the criteria, and even that isn't a big deal.
Heck, I'm retired and looking for a project...maybe I'll take a shot
at it.
Norm B